Friday, January 06, 2006

salmon patties

Recently, I received some salmon from a friend which I posted entitled: lox & bread. I decided to use the canned salmon to make salmon patties. I found the recipe on the internet.
I kind of didn't do a few things...I didn't use the liquid from the can, didn't use the butter that the recipe called for and didn't put bread crumbs on the outside of the patties before frying.

INGREDIENTS:
1 can (16 ounces) salmon
1 small onion, finely grated
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
ground black pepper, to taste
2 large eggs, well beaten
1 to 1 1/2 cups fine dry bread crumbs
3 tablespoons butter

PREPARATION:Turn salmon and liquid into a medium mixing bowl. Flake with a fork, removing OR mashing any bones (they are edible). Mix in grated onion, parsley and pepper. Mix beaten eggs with salmon. Add enough bread crumbs, about 1/2 to 3/4 cup, to make thick enough to shape into 12 small patties.
Roll patties in 1/2 cup bread crumbs. In a large heavy skillet over low heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter; add patties. Fry patties slowly on one side; add remaining butter, turn patties and fry until brown on the other side. Serves 6.

This is how they came out from the pan.

I served them on a mizuna (potherb mustard) salad and put some vinagrette on them. It was a great dinner.
Have a great weekend!!

No comments: