Tuesday, February 14, 2006

happy valentine's day

It's Valentine's Day today...it kind of snuck up on me...I had envisioned making these great truffles...but didn't really have the right equipment...anyway, these are the truffles I made for Satoshi. Curry and green tea.

My recipe for the truffles: (adapted from a recipe on the internet)
Ganache:
140g milk chocolate (only because Satoshi likes milk chocolate)
1/4 cup cream
10g butter

Melt everything together then put into a bowl and chill for at least 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, form into balls with teaspoon. Put back into the refrig.
Temper 140g milk and dark chocolate. Put some chocolate at the bottom of your candy cup. Put in the ganache into the cup then put some chocolate on top. Top with your favorite seasonings or spices. I put a little curry powder and a little powdered green tea.

I sampled them (not the ones I'm giving to Satoshi) and they tasted really good! I hope Satoshi likes them.

Here's my mid-afternoon snack...dipped strawberries with the leftover chocolate.

Hope you have a very nice Valentine's day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Kat!

Your strawberries look beautiful!

K and S said...

thank you ivonne!

hope you had a very happy valentine's day!

satoshi enjoyed the curry truffles.

kat & satoshi

eat stuff said...

That is so sweet!
I wanted to make some for casey.... but it didn't happen....

K and S said...

hi clare,

you can try to make some next year. at least casey took you out for some nice food!!

kat & satoshi

Journal Actif said...

Oh my! The truffles look decadent. Happy belated Valentines day... errr week to you both.

K and S said...

hi zoubida,

satoshi enjoyed the curry ones.

i hope you had a nice valentine's day.

kat & satoshi