Saturday, May 06, 2006

valrhona

When I was in Hawaii, I had brought some dark chocolates that I had bought in Japan with me, to eat and share with my family. One of them was the Valrhona Manjari. (sorry I thought I had a photo of the bar, but I guess I don't)

This bar is 75g of 64% cocoa with bits of orange peel in it. It was great the dark chocolate was really smooth and didn't leave a bitter taste in your mouth and since there was real orange peel in it, there wasn't a fake orange taste to it. This one is definitely worth checking out...again.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

4 comments:

Journal Actif said...

Valrhona is the best! I'll look for that one. Thanks for the heads up.

K and S said...

Hi Zoubida,

I hope you can find it in your area. It is really good.

Kat

Anonymous said...

Funny how you're mentioning Manjari because I asked hubby if we could go to a place in Italy that sells it in large blocks. Valrhona is GREAT stuff!

And another thing...I'll certainly try you idea on adding portugese sausage to the kimpira. I just cannot get over how yummy that stuff is, although it's the simplest thing to make. Would be even cooler if the japanese grandma that told me how to prepare it could give me more of her recipes. ;-)

K and S said...

Hi Rowena,

Large blocks of Valrhona...yummy!

You should definitely get more recipes from the japanese grandma, if you can. I'm still amazed at how the simplest things taste the best!

Take care.

Kat