Saturday, July 22, 2006

matsuyamayushi

I'm always on the lookout for evironmentally safe cleansers.

When I was in Hawaii, I bought the Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day brand, which I wrote about here. This brand's dish cleanser is really good, plus the lavender fragrance is really nice too.

Another one that I came upon is made in Japan by a company called Matsuyamayushi. Yushi is the Japanese word for fats & oils. (On this company's letterhead it even says Matsuyama fats & oils company.)

They have a dish soap and detergent which I've tried, but didn't really like. I guess because they are environmentally safe, they don't have the oomph that is needed to clean dishes and clothes.

What I do like is their skincare line and bath/hand soaps and salts. Their skincare uses lavender and sage. The herbal water (toner) really smells great and works well too. Plus, the refills for the skincare line, come in disposable pouches, so all you have to do is refill the glass containers that you get with your original order.

I recently bought some of their bath salts and took it on one of our trips, filling up the bath tub and adding these salts made the whole room smell nice!

They also have a yuzu (citron) line of products like lip balm and hand cream. They really smell wonderful and really softens your hands and lips.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a really interesting post, Kat. To be honest I've never really given much thought to how environmentally friendly the cleaners we use are. But you make a good point. And the cleaners can be effective and pleasant as well!

K and S said...

Thanks Ivonne, and hope you had a nice weekend!

Kat