Friday, August 04, 2006

world cup chocolates

I first tried Ritter Sport chocolates when we went on our honeymoon to Europe. Although, I like dark chocolate, I enjoyed the milk chocolate butter biscuit bar and the whole hazelnuts bar.

When I came to Japan, I noticed that Ritter Sport were also sold here and directly from Germany (where Ritter Sport is from).

Well, the FIFA World Cup of Soccer is over. For those who didn't know about it, they were held in Germany this year and Italy's team was the overall champs.

Apparently, these flavors by Ritter Sport were only available in Germany, luckily I was able to buy them here in Japan! The packaging was cute! Each chocolate had photos of different countries' soccer fans. I am usually a dark chocolate eater, but these milk chocolate flavors were good chock full of peanuts and other good stuff!

Sunny Crisp: milk chocolate filled with a LOT of sunflower seeds and crispies.

Golden Peanut: milk chocolate filled with a LOT of peanuts

Espresso Crunch: milk chocolate with a coffee creme center, espresso chips and crispies

Hopefully they'll make these for their U.S. market! (or maybe they already have?)

8 comments:

Rowena said...

Oh gosh don't get me started on Ritter Chocolates...I think about a year ago, I went and bought ALL of the flavors that were availabe at the market. I think I had something like a 8-10 bars in the fridge. That Sunny Crisp I will have to look for, I love sunflower seeds!

K and S said...

hee hee, Rowena!
Hope you can find the Sunny Crisp!
Have a nice weekend.
Kat

Anonymous said...

I like your site, Kat! I'll come back over the weekend when I have a bit more time. I don't think I've ever had Ritter chocolate. I wonder if it's sold around here?

K and S said...

Thanks so much, Janice! I'm checking out all the blogs from the BPW too. Your blog looks very nice too. I hope you can find Ritter Sport where you are!
Take care and have a nice weekend.
Kat

2kamuela47 said...

The chocolates sound so heavenly. Sorry to say I gave up eating chocolates two years ago. But that doesn't mean my friends can't enjoy it for me. Have a great weekend!

K and S said...

Hi Laura,

Thanks for stopping by.

Enjoy the weekend.

Kat

fursat said...

Ok, now I need to go and find these. Looks yummy!! I like their idea of putting soccer fans instead of over paid soccer stars...

K and S said...

Hi Ricky,
I hope you can find these. They were really good and I really liked how they used "real" fans, too!
Take care.
Kat