Monday, February 05, 2007

super bowl sunday

Today is Super Bowl Sunday--when America's hustle and bustle may literally stop for about 4 hours or so to watch the big game. For those of you who don't know what this is, it is where the top 2 professional football teams duke it out for bragging rights as "number 1" in all of the U.S.A. But, for fans, it is a great way to get together, and "tailgate"--have a party filled with all kinds of foods as you watch the game and cheer for your favorite team. For a foodie, this may be an ultimate day for feasting!

I, myself haven't watched one in years, but have always enjoyed the commercials (when I did watch) that they play throughout the game. So, you can understand why, when they show the game in Japan, I get frazzled--they cut out ALL of the commercials! (enter super pouty face here!)

Our regular "sunday dinner" took place yesterday, since other family members will be attending various Super Bowl parties.

For dessert, my aunty made this super moist, rich chocolate cake with buttercream frosting and topped it off with these decadent Sprungli Liliput truffles, which her friend, W1 brought back from Switzerland--they come in 5 flavors, Dark, Hazelnut, Champagne, Bourbon Vanilla and Cappucino.

Touchdown!...Enjoy the game fans!

5 comments:

Jann said...

oh my gracious-this is a beauty-i would have to play football to wear off the calories in a slice-this is sugar free???

Anonymous said...

I don't watch the game but I like to watch the entertainment. Prince was really good, even singing and playing his guitar in the rain. I would have like to watch the half time entertainment and eat some of your delicious cake while doing so. The game is over and Indiannapolis won. Have a good week.

Paz

K and S said...

Sorry, Jann, this is all sugar and all calories!

I'm glad Indiannapolis won, Paz, and I also enjoyed the halftime show with Prince. But, I laughed at him when he had a kerchief on during the first couple of songs to protect his hair from the rain!

Take care you two!
Kat

bourgogne said...

i want that cake.

K and S said...

I'd send you some, but it's all gone, Bourgogne!

Take care.
Kat