Sunday, March 25, 2007

p.f. chang's

Yesterday was great day. For lunch, we checked out PF Chang's China Bistro. This restaurant is from the mainland and opened in September 2006 on the ground floor of a luxurious condo. Here's just a taste of what we sampled.

Chicken lettuce wraps--their version is a bit spicier than the version I made a while back, but their's were still very good.

Great Wall of Chocolate--this 6-layer semi sweet creation is served warm with a raspberry puree and a HUGE scoop of Haagen Dazs Vanilla ice cream, very decadent!

We also had Mongolian Beef which was a bit on the sweet side and their Double Pan Fried Noodles with Shrimp--I think you could probably get better Chinese at a traditional Chinese restaurant, but for a mix of modern and traditional, this is the place!

PF Chang's
1288 Ala Moana Blvd.
Honolulu
Phone: 808.596.4710

On Thursday, I was walking around Ala Moana Shopping Center with my friends, Wen and Steph and ran into a classmate, Paul Ogata. Since graduation, he's gone on to bigger and better things and is...famous! (photo from Paul's website)

Recently, I've chatted with him on forum boards and emailed, but we hadn't seen each other, well, since graduation.

I had known he was coming to town to do a show, but didn't know much of the details. We were thrilled when he gave us tickets to the show!

It was my first time to the Hawaii Theatre and also my first time to see stand-up comedy. At first, I was a bit shocked at the kind of language they use and things they talk about, but found myself laughing so hard I was even crying at times! (Thanks Paul!)

All in all it was a great day! Hope you have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kat,

Love pfchangs. They have a gluten free menu. One of the few places I can eat.

Susette

K and S said...

I'm so glad you can eat there Susette! I hope more gluten-free places will be created for you soon.

Take care.
Kat