Friday, August 10, 2007

hurricane kat

I wanted something to accompany my sandwich for lunch today, so I re-created my favorite hurricane-style popcorn.

I popped 1/4 cup of kernels in 1.5 tablespoons of oil. Then melted a pat of butter in the microwave.

After the kernels stopped popping, I poured the butter over the popcorn and put the lid back onto the pan and tossed everything.

Then I sprinkled some furikake (dried seasonings for sprinkling onto rice) and threw in a handful of arare (rice crackers).

Let me tell you, fresh is definitely best! no more stale arare in my hurricane popcorn.

Have a nice weekend!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've never had popcorn with furikake and arare. that sounds tasty and crunchy. we used to throw milk duds in with our popcorn! have a good weekend, kat. -bourgogne

K and S said...

ooh milk duds sounds great in popcorn too, Bourgogne! you have a great weekend too :)

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Furikake and arare popcorn.....OH. YES!

ilingc said...

Kat, this is ingenious! This is so going to be on the table at our next movie night.

K and S said...

:) Rowena!

I hope you like it Ilingc!

Take care you two.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Hurricane popcorn - my one great weakness. I'm no longer allowed to keep it in the house as I will scarf an entire bag down by myself.

K and S said...

I hear you, Myra! I used to eat an entire bag of the Kettle Corn popcorn myself.

Thanks for stopping by and take care.

Kat

Anonymous said...

This is by far my favorite way to have popcorn. I noticed a few weeks ago that the movie theater in Mililani (central Oahu) sells packages of arare and furikake that you can add to your bucket while watching a flick. Brilliant!

K and S said...

Very nice Alan. I just hope they aren't stale like the ones that come with the hurricane popcorn mixes.

Thanks for stopping by and take care.
Kat