Thursday, August 23, 2007

snap, crackle, boom

The whole sky lit up with lightning and our building shook with the thunder.

The X like thing is the reinforcement in our glass door leading out to the lanai.

I think this is to prevent break-ins and also to prevent the glass from shattering in case of an earthquake.

I know, I know, you aren't supposed to stand close to the glass while lightning and thunder are going on for fear of electrocution, but it was so exciting to see the lightning rip through the sky!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kat,
Being that we don't get those types of storms here, I can see how it would be exciting. I'd probably be standing right next to you watching it.
Susette

K and S said...

Thanks Susette! :)

Thanks for stopping by and take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Finally! Maybe some rain to ease the heat eh?

Brilynn said...

We had a big storm here last night too, I like staying up to watch the lightening.

Anonymous said...

wow, fun!

K and S said...

It was a little cooler in the morning, Rowena, but after that the humidity was back full force!

Brilynn :)

I know Bea!

Take care everyone!
Kat

Parisbreakfasts said...

I know, I know...
and I would have been hiding under the bed!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh! Love the pics! I would have been standing in front of the glass, too. ;-)

Paz

K and S said...

Unfortunately you wouldn't be able to hide under our bed Carol because they are futon on the floor!

Thanks Paz! :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Pille said...

That's quite funny, as there was a huuuuuge thunderstrom in Estonia on Wednesday night, too:)

K and S said...

That is quite interesting, Pille!

Thanks for stopping by, take care.
Kat