Tuesday, September 18, 2007

ramen kobou a

Today we went to Takarazuka to try a place called Ramen Kobou A (pronounced "ah" not "ay").

This place is quite particular of the type of soup, noodles, roast pork and service that they give and they say so on a big sign as you enter the restaurant. I was quite surprised that the interior of this place was nice with lots of women and families-- most ramen places you go to in Japan are kind of grungy looking and feeling; where you usually only see men eating at a counter and rather not touch anything for fear of getting dirty.

Satoshi had the se-abura (the fat from the pig's back) tonkotsu (pork simmered with pork bones and veggies) ramen with gyoza (pot stickers) set.

I had the ladies set which consisted of my choice of ramen (I chose the "A" ramen, which was a light souped ramen) with a half portion of noodles (lady sized), a pao--a nice fluffy bun with veggies and roast pork, and their special an-nin tofu, which had no almond flavor and was more like coconut pudding.

Their soup was very light and flavorful and their noodles are egg noodles and are quite thin. The roast pork had a special sauce which makes the pork very tasty and moist. And they had good, timely service.

I think we'll be back.

Ramen Kobou A
9-10 Yumoto-cho
Takarazuka, Hyogo
Phone: 0797-84-3330
Open from 11:00-25:00 (1:00am) on weekdays
11:00-24:00 on Sundays and holidays

7 comments:

2kamuela47 said...

Hey Kat! I'm still in Seattle. Yep! I have a couple more days before I leave. I just wanted to let you know that I have updated my blog until Sunday 9/16. Check it out when you have time. I just love all of your foodie adventures. I had a few of my own in the Emerald City. Take care and God Bless, Laura

Anonymous said...

se-abura sounds so much better than the fat from the pig's back. even I would be tempted to eat it ;-)

K and S said...

I'll check it out Laura, enjoy your time in Seattle.

Planethalder, some things should be kept in their foreign terms, no?

Take care you two.
Kat

OkiHwn said...

If you ever come to Okinawa, I'll take you to the best ramen place here - Yuuraku, in Samashita, Ginowan. Awesome ramen!

K and S said...

Cool!

Take care.
Kat

Saburo said...

Looks like a keeper! There are but a handful of places on Oahu that truly rise above the level of glorified saimin joints. Their website is also pretty comprehensive and informative.

K and S said...

This chain has 4 shops and this one was the easiest to get to, the rest need to be accessed by car. I don't know about you Saburo, but I don't think I can eat saimin anymore.

Thanks for stopping by, take care.
Kat