Friday, December 07, 2007

leftovers

I had some leftover shogayaki (pork ginger), so I made donburi (bowled dish).

I sliced cabbage and onion and heated in a pan until they wilted.

Then I added a cup of Japanese stock, 1 tablespoon shoyu (soy sauce), 1 tablespoon sake (rice wine) & 1/2 tablespoon sugar.

When everything was all bubbly, I added the leftover pork ginger to heat.

When the pork was heated through, I added two scrambled eggs.

I put some rice into a bowl, ladled the pork ginger mixture on top and topped it with some grated daikon (long white radish) and a dash of shichimi (Japanese 7-spice). I also served the donburi with some tsukemono (pickled veggies)--kyuri asazuke (lightly pickled cucumber) & rakkyo (pickled shallots).

It was a nice way to warm up plus use up all my leftovers.

13 comments:

OkiHwn said...

That looks delicious!

K and S said...

Thanks Nate, it was :) and super fast and easy!

Take care.
Kat

Chibog in Chief said...

i love shogayaki! its my favorite..by the way im tagging you on a kitchen "meme" i've been tagged hope you dont mind.;thanks :-)

K and S said...

Sure no problem, Dhanggit! Will take a look at it on your blog.

Take care.
Kat

OkiHwn said...

I wonder what if I put sunny-side eggs on kalua/cabbage and rice? Come out a kalua donburi?

K and S said...

I'm no expert, but I think you gotta scramble the eggs and have it cook with the kalua to make it a donburi, Nate.

OkiHwn said...

Well then, a kalua/cabbage loco moco, sort of. Heh heh!

K and S said...

I guess you could call it a kalua moco, Nate :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

All I can say is that you have better leftovers in your fridge! Bleh, bloglines is screwing up because I'm not receiving feeds from anybody. I only thought to check here after I saw your comment at Kathy's. Yah! She's got snow!!

K and S said...

Boo Bloglines! I hate when that happens. I'm so excited for Kathy having snow :)

Take care Rowena!
Kat

Kathy YL Chan said...

I just jotted down your 'recipe' - super thank you! This is exactly the type of comfort food I miss eating back in Hawaii! :)

Barbara said...

I had leftovers for dinner tonight. They don't look as good as yours Kat.

K and S said...

Hope you like it Kathy!

Aw, I'm sure it tasted great Barbara!

Take care you two.
Kat