Friday, February 29, 2008

down to earth



I heard about Honest Tea from Kathy's blog and was happy to find some at Down to Earth a couple of weeks ago. Since they were 4 for $5, I bought the Pearfect Tea, Green Dragon Tea with Passion Fruit, Pomegranate Red Tea with Goji Berry, and Mango Acai White Tea. Each are "a tad sweet" and is sweetened with cane sugar. My favorite was the pomegranate red tea.

I also enjoyed the little quotation that was on the inside of each cap. Like "We may all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now." (Martin Luther King, Jr.) or "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out" (John Wooden)

I also found more chocolates a couple of weeks ago at Down to Earth and some at Borders bookstore. Mostly Dagoba (single origins and super fruit), some Chocolove (70% & 77%) and Green & Black's (70% and Hazelnut & Currants). As the days are quite warm here, I have them in the refrig.

Hope your week is going well.

6 comments:

Thistlemoon said...

Such great little finds! I love honest tea - they have a mint one that is really yummy!

K and S said...

Oh, I think I saw that also, will have to give it a try. Thanks Jenndz!

Take care.
Kat

test it comm said...

Those teas sound good and look at all of that chocolate!

K and S said...

I hope you can get some of these teas where you are Kevin. They are really good and the chocolates are great too :)

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

When you say a tad sweet, is that like Hawaiian Sun / Aloha Maid can of juice kind of sweet? Or more like ... Lipton iced tea? Just curious as to how sweet that brand is. :)

K and S said...

Oh no, Lori. A tad sweet isn't like Hawaiian Sun/ Aloha Maid or Lipton. It is more tea than sweet. I know, hard to describe, sorry...

Take care.
Kat