Friday, February 01, 2008

hawaii eats

Have you ever had a Dreamsicle? You know, orange sorbet and vanilla ice cream combined? I'd never had one, but I have had an Orange Creamsicle, vanilla ice cream with an orange popsicle wrapped around it.

Anyway, no matter which one you've tried, you'll love Roselani's Pauwela Sunrise. The description on the box says that it is an "orange "dreamsicle" ice cream with Maui pineapple chunks".

Haven't tried a Dreamsicle or Creamsicle? Then go out and get yourself some Roselani Pauwela Sunrise. It is way better! (sorry about the pictures being kind of yellow)

Apparently Roselani Ice Cream has been in stores on Oahu since 2003 (gosh, where have I been?) I was under the impression that if you wanted to eat their ice cream you either had to have it in a restaurant that served it on Oahu or go to Maui.

I hope to be able to try Haupia and Kona Mud Pie while I'm home.

update: I wrote this post yesterday and have since picked up a container of Haupia and Kona Mud Pie....stay tuned!

10 comments:

2kamuela47 said...

Yep! Roselani's ice cream is ono! I had Haupia and loved it! I haven't been to the restaurant in Maui although I thought about going a couple of time. Let me know how about the Kona Mud Pie, I'm guessing it's ono too!

K and S said...

Laura, I'll let you know how it is, I think I may have some...tonight!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

I'm on it! I love Roselani's ice cream and it's my FAVE whenever I'm back home. Yeah, ok, Lappert's is good too but for some reason, Roselani's isn't as rich, but still has great flavor. Don't think I've had the Pauwela Sunrise flavor (although, uhm, :cough:, I am old enough to remember Dreamsicles).

Once again, you making me so jealous!!!!! ;-P

SteamyKitchen said...

i love creamsicles too!!! ever since i was a little kid, i've always liked that flavor.

K and S said...

I hope you can get those flights, Rowena!!

You'd definitely love this flavor Jaden!

Take care you two.
Kat

Parisbreakfasts said...

Lordie and I thought I loved creamsicles
These orange pineappley things sound scrumptious!

K and S said...

the pineapple adds to the creaminess, Carol :)

Take care.
Kat

Pandabonium said...

Roselani - Maui's own, and so ono-licious! Love that Haupia flavor.

Anonymous said...

I love Creamsicles too, so add pineapple, yum! Hope to try it IRL sometime!

K and S said...

mmm haupia! definitely a winner, Pandab.

I hope you get to try it sometime, TM!

Take care you two.
Kat