Saturday, February 02, 2008

ba-le

Picked up this plate lunch the other day from Ba-le. Part of a roast chicken banh mi (like a third or fourth of a whole one), 2 crispy lumpia, salad with some of the banh mi veggies on it and the vermicelli noodles. (sorry I don't know all the authentic names) There was a sweet,clear sauce with flecks of chili in it, in a container under the lumpia, which I poured over the veggies and vermicelli....everything was delicious!

Can you believe it? Only US $5 + tax.

p.s. here is the Roselani Haupia and Kona Mud Pie. (sorry but the photo doesn't do the Haupia justice). The haupia is rich and creamy and super white--snow should taste like this! Mom says that they should put some chunks of coconut in there too.

The kona mud pie is a rich coffee ice cream which you can actually see the coffee in it too (or maybe it could be specks of vanilla beans), swirls of chocolate sauce and chunks of oreo cookies....both are heavenly!

Have a great weekend, it is Super Bowl on Sunday!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kat! Just to let you know that I've tagged you for a meme here!

K and S said...

Thanks Su-Lin, will work on it :)

Take care.
Kat

Monkey Wrangler said...

Oh my! That all looks soooo good. Hawaii is just plain awesome for food. In fact, so much my wife and I can't wait to go back some day just to eat!

All that ice cream lately is just killing me. Especially the creamsicle one. Being orange season, I've just got to try my hand at something along these lines.

Take care!

Rowena said...

Ok, I don't care anymore if the cheapest ticket will cost 1500 buckaroos...I'm so crying now Kat. Nate started it with his fresh oysters!!

K and S said...

Ooh, would love to see your re-creation of this flavor, MW!

Wow Rowena, $1500....but all the food you'll get to eat...priceless :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Pandabonium said...

Glad you got to try those Roselani flavors. The lumpia looks tasty too.

Hey! Is this blog fattening? :p

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy and packed with all kinds of flavour!

K and S said...

Thanks for the tip on the flavors, Pandab. This blog is fattening...for me :p

It was heavenly, TM! I think you would enjoy it.

Take care you two.
Kat