Sunday, February 10, 2008

tsukiji fish market

On Thursday, we went to Tsukiji Fish Market's buffet for lunch.

For US$18.95, I was a bit disappointed at what was served. I've never been to the "real" Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo, but imagine there is TONS of seafood there.

So, I was disappointed because the only seafood that was there was the assortment of sushi that they had. The rest of the food seemed to lean more towards Korean (kal-bi, kim chee, bi bim kook soo), not that I have anything against Korean food, it is just that if you're going to call your restaurant Tsukiji Fish Market, I would think you should serve more seafood. (Apparently, the dinner buffet is US$32.95 and they have crab, lobster--more of a selection of entrees (more seafood things).)

Anyway, the music in the place was so loud that we really couldn't have much conversation.

Though the food was disappointing, being able to have lunch with my family and some relatives was nice.

Oh, and this rainbow was nice to see too.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

this lady who operates a liquor store in Waikiki said to me that she's the owner of Tsukiji Fish Market....she even gave me her business card. She appears to be Korean so that might explain the Korean dishes. Brooches the question though whether Honolulu's location is a franchise. Also, the too loud music was so on a last year's visit

OkiHwn said...

I'm here!

K and S said...

hmmm RONW, you are probably right about it being a franchise. The kal-bi was awesome, but I would have enjoyed more seafood.

yeah, Nate! let the eating adventures begin.

Take care you two.
Kat

2kamuela47 said...

My friend prefers the other Japanese buffet next to Island Burger and Romano Macoroni Grill. I guess the set up is better. Anyway I can't remember what the name of the restaurant is sorry.

K and S said...

I've heard that about Kyoto Osho too, Laura.

Take care.
Kat

Jann said...

Sorry you were disappointed ... .thank goodness for that rainbow ....

K and S said...

That rainbow made up for it, Jann!

Take care.
Kat

Monique said...

So, you're back to Hawaii, for how long this time? I missed going to Tsukiji on this trip... hope I'll get the chance before it closes down in 4 years! Have fun spending time with your family! =)

K and S said...

I heard about that Monique, I better get out there and try some seafood and sushi there soon too.

Take care.
Kat