After seeing, Jaden's posts about vanilla, saffron and her cool julienne gadget (since my knifing skills suck the big one)---I had to get them while I am home. Thanks for the info Jaden! I can't wait to try the gadget out and make some vanilla extract with the beans. (The postage to Hawaii was outrageous, but hopefully worth it.)
On another note, Su-Lin of Tamarind and Thyme tagged me for a meme:
Here are 7 random/weird things about me.
1. I like to wash my dishes in a particular order (cups, dishes, utensils) and stack them to dry so they look neat and organized.
2. I used to save my favorite food to eat last, but have since changed my ways and now eat it first, so I won't be totally full at the end of the meal not to eat it.
3. If I want something, like a cookbook, gadget or book, on the market, I usually cannot sleep and will hunt all over for it until I get it. (OCD? maybe.)
4. Most people think I'm "type A" (in Japan they consider this blood type to have characteristics of be quite controlling and anal) blood type, but I think I'm actually "type B" (in Japan they consider this blood type to be quite relaxed and easy going). (I actually don't know my blood type, do you?)
5. I can usually wake up without an alarm clock at the same time every day.
6. Only when I used to drive my father's Buick did the odometer go backwards.
7. I love tuna with kimchi sandwiches.
If you'd like to participate in this meme, consider yourself tagged! Thanks Su-Lin, this meme was quite interesting.