Thursday, February 07, 2008

spamming the globe...

On a recent trip to the supermarket, I was amazed at how many different types of "flavors" of Spam there are out there. (There is even a Spam website, roll your mouse over it, the guy on there talks to you....)

Shelves upon shelves are dedicated to the different varieties (Garlic, Hickory Smoke, Oven Roasted Turkey (I thought we were talking about Spam?...), Spam with Cheese (??), Honey (double ??), Bacon (triple ??))...blah.

If you ask me, the original "flavor" is the best, hands down!

13 comments:

KirkK said...

Hi Kat- Ever since you mentioned Garlic Spam, I've been so fascinated by the potential flavor...but I can't seem to find it!

K and S said...

I think it could be good or really bad, depending on how they do the garlic, Kirkk. I'm emailing you :)

Take care.
Kat

ilingc said...

Spam galore! I like the original flavoured spam too though I think, I would also like to try the Honey flavoured one. I'm a sucker for honey flavoured things. :)

Thistlemoon said...

Wow! I have never seen so much Spam in one place!

2kamuela47 said...

I agree the original flavor is the best. I still can't believe that the company experimented with other flavors, amazing isn't it!

K and S said...

Original is best, Ilingc. I hope you can find the Honey one where you are.

Only in Hawaii, Jenndz, only in Hawaii.

It is really amazing, Laura.

Take care everyone!
Kat

Anonymous said...

That's really cool, isn't it!

OkiHwn said...

Sorprisingly there's a lot of the flavored Spam at the commissary. I'll go check what's available. But the quantity is nowhere near in your pictures!

Getting close!

K and S said...

Yes, it is, TM! :)

Actually it was more, I couldn't fit it all in, Nate!

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

Yep, the original is the bestest. Don't mess with the real thing!

K and S said...

High 5, Rowena!

Take care.
Kat

Jann said...

spam~I have not seen this in a long time.... just as well!

K and S said...

In Hawaii, it is not hard to find, Jann :)

Take care.
Kat