Friday, November 07, 2008

around the neighborhood

The other night, I was having fun with Photofunia...Wouldn't it be cool to get a Mini cooper like this? (with cappuccino art, macarons or dark chocolate Hello Kitty on it...though it would be hard to choose which one I would want, which one would you choose?)

Yesterday was such a beautiful, sunny day. I decided to eat lunch at MOS then walk through Suigetsu Park.

While walking through the park, I found this elderly couple having lunch on the bench between these weeping willows.

The leaves aren't changing much yet, but I did find these stinky gingko nuts...they smell like stinky cheese...blah!

I also saw a pomegranate that the birds partially ate.

And a semi-rant...if you are going to make your child wear a helmet, don't you think you should too?

Today, our building is having some work done so I have to be out of the house for most of the day as they will shut off the water. On top of that it is supposed to rain for most of the day, hopefully it won't be too cold out.

Have a nice weekend!

13 comments:

Uncle Polyglot said...

I love the picture of the willow trees, with an old couple sitting on the bench. They look so lovey-dovey!

Such a peaceful and soothing picture!

La vie est belle!

Angela K. Nickerson said...

Oh, I hate the smell of the ginko! They are such pretty trees, but those fruits are so stinky. When I was in grad school, the campus was covered with ginko trees -- all of them female. It smelled like vomit for months... ugh.

Anonymous said...

I'd like my Mini with the Hawaii state flag on the roof. Seatcovers of course would be in hawaiian floral print.

Maybe in a few more years!!

starsinmybelly said...

I'd probably have to choose dark chocolate Hello Kitty, although all of he choices would make me incredibly hungry all of the time and the end result would be me not being ale to fit into my mini cooper (´~`)
Looks like a fun site though!

And yes, I agree...children learn by example! I would sacrifice great hair for helmet head any day for my children to learn good safety practices!

Enjoy your weekend as well \(^ ^)/

Phoebe said...

It sure would be cute to have cappuccino art on the car.

Unknown said...

I would like the cappuccino art on my Mini Cooper. Love the picture of the couple having lunch - beautiful park!

KirkK said...

Hey Kat - That's a really cute photo of that couple.

K and S said...

Thanks Kirkk and Uncle Polyglot!

Good choice Phoebe & Robin!

Thanks Starsinmybelly :)

Yours will look cool, Rowena :)

I wasn't going to mention the vomit part, Angela, but glad you did :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

Anonymous said...

I'd also go with the cappuccino. Although I'm not a coffee drinker, I enjoy the smell of coffee - and I think the picture would remind me of that relaxing smell. :)

Deb in Hawaii said...

I'd have to pick the macarons! Great pictures--looks like the perfect sunny day and stroll.

K and S said...

Good choice Lori & Deb :)

Take care you two.
Kat

chimerastone said...

I love dark chocolate, it's the only kind which doesn't upset my stomach like milk or white.
Never had macaroons, heard they are delicous and chewy. There's a Mini Cooper covered with 1000s of Swarovski crystals.

K and S said...

Wow, I'll have to google around to see that Mini, Chimerastone, sounds nice!

Take care.
Kat