Wednesday, March 25, 2009

on a sunny day

The wind has been really cold the past couple of days, I think they said the temps would be similar to February's, there may even be some snow in some places...Yikes!

Anyway, on a sunny day, while I was walking, I ran into this doggie in our neighborhood, I guess she (I'm assuming it is a she because of the ribbons) and her master were out for a "walk".

On another sunny day, I tried the 5 minute mug cake that Rowena and Laura posted about. I split the batter up between 2 mugs. I also added toasted macadamia nuts and one small handful of Ghiradelli 60% chocolate chips (these chips are larger than the usual chocolate chips).

I snapped the photo of them as soon as the 3 minutes were up. While putting my camera onto the table, they fell. While they were still warm, I turned them out onto some plates. The texture was dense probably like those English puddings. I say probably because I've never actually had an English pudding.

Eating it warm was delicious. The chocolate chips were oozy, and there was crunch from the mac nuts...Dividing the batter was a good thing. This "cake" was just enough to satisfy a sweet tooth, plus I have one for Satoshi to try.

On my lanai, I took some close-ups of the lavender, strawberry flowers, and tulip.

Happy Wednesday!

12 comments:

Deb said...

Okay, might have to be next on the cake-in-a-mug list! Oozy chocolate chips and mac nuts - how can I not??

K and S said...

I hope you like it Deb, definitely worth 3 minutes :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

I love that photo of the dog Kat....The first thing I thought was, Hmmm, who's walking who?

K and S said...

That is so true Kirkk :)

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Pretty flowers and yummy little chocolate cakes--you are having some great sunny days!

K and S said...

Thanks Deb, the sunny days help keep my mind off the freezing temps :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Oh you just had to make the 5 minute cake...now I want one too! It has been very windy the last few days and I have to wear my lightweight coat when taking the dogs for a walk. Come on just get warm and sunny for GOOD already!

Beauuuuutiful flowers. My lavender is dead. Mistah gave it too much "water", I think.

K and S said...

Thanks Rowena, I know, March is almost over and it is still fahreezing! What kind of lavender did you have?

Take care.
Kat

Lynne said...

That is such a cute dog! Looks like nice weather although windy!

K and S said...

That was actually on a warm day Lynne, the temps are really cold now about 10C (50F)...I wish it would warm up soon!

Take care.
Kat

Jann said...

I love that doggie!Do the dogs have to be on a lead in your neighborhood or are they permitted to run alone?Looked like a perfect cake in a cup!

K and S said...

I have a feeling they need to be on leashes, Jann, though I have seen some without. I've never seen strays though.

Take care.
Kat