Tuesday, March 31, 2009

osaka

I gotta admit that in Osaka, there aren't much "sights" to see, especially if you want to entertain someone with children. My friend from college, Len and his family are here for several days. I met up with them yesterday to take them to the Aquarium, Osaka castle and some shopping.

After the Aquarium, we went to the Tempozan Village for lunch then rode the "World's Largest Ferris Wheel" (that's what my ticket says). I think the ride was about a half an hour. They even have one special car that has a see through bottom...yikes! I'm glad we rode in the "normal" car. The day was sunny and clear. Afterwards we walked to the Tempozan Park to check out some of their cherry blossoms.

Osaka Castle's cherry blossoms have just started to bloom, and the air is still very chilly, so I think it may be another week before we see more blooms.

I'm glad I was able to meet up with them and I hope Len and his family enjoyed Osaka and will enjoy the rest of their trip!

Gosh, the month flew by. I still have some posts waiting to be published...I guess they will have to wait a little longer.

11 comments:

dee said...

Kat, I have been a reader for a while now and feel compelled to say hi and thank you for posting such wonderful images through your pictures and words. I was lucky enough to visit Osaka 3 years ago and one of my fondest memories was my day at the aquarium - the jellyfish and those huge crabs! But after the Tempozan ride we wandered up a street and found an older lady with a window open and she was making takoyaki - we sat in her little shop, watching, what I can only describe as a samurai soap opera, and eating the hot takoyaki. So thank you for bringing this memory back to me.

Deb in Hawaii said...

Beautiful photos. I think I might get sick on the special car without the bottom--that would be scary!

KirkK said...

Hi Kat - I dunno about not having great sights to see in Osaka...your photos make it look fabulous.

Jenster said...

My kids would have LOVED all the places you visit.

Wow, I can't believe the ferris wheel ride is half an hour. Do they ever have passengers who panic and have to get down ASAP?

OkiHwn said...

How does Osaka Aquarium compare with Churaumi Aquarium here in Okianawa? You've been there, righ?

K and S said...

Thanks for de-lurking Dee :) I appreciate your comment!

Yes that special car would have definitely been scary, Deb!

Aw, you are so nice Kirkk :)

Not that I know of Jenster.

Churaumi is huge in comparison with Osaka, Nate. I hope you've been to Churaumi.

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

Thanks William!

Take care.
Kat

OkiHwn said...

Have been to Churaumi. Always tell folks who visit Okinawa that it is a must visit!

K and S said...

Yes it is Nate :)

Take care.
Kat

nordwolke said...

Thanks for the aquarium pictures. They are great. I so much love these big aquariums!!!

K and S said...

You are welcome Beadexplorer :)

Take care.
Kat