Monday, July 13, 2009

starbucks

I usually try to write good things with regards to places I've eaten, but not all experiences are good and should be shared.

Last week, I tried Starbucks Vivanno, which is their smoothie. US$3.95+tax.

I tried the banana chocolate. On the website it boasts, 1 whole banana, whey protein, fiber powder and milk for the base of their smoothies.

Choosing the banana chocolate, I imagined it would be chocolate based with some banana flavor, instead it was the opposite, banana based with some chocolate flavor...I know, there was that whole banana in there but, gimme more chocolate! (lots more)

I was also disappointed that there was only one size...grande, I wished they had had something smaller and ended up throwing half of it away...meh, I think Starbucks should stick to what they do best...coffee.

I also bought their dark chocolate covered graham crackers, US$1.70+tax...this made up for the disappointing smoothie. Crisp graham crackers covered with dark chocolate...mmm! shared with a friend and some good conversation it was a great ending to a not-so great smoothie.

14 comments:

2kamuela47 said...

You know lately I've been hearing about Starbucks latest drinks and some people don't care for it either. It's the first time I've heard of this one. rather have Jamba Juice I'm more of a fruit drinker.

Deb in Hawaii said...

Glad the chocolate graham was good at least! It is a bummer to have to try (and pay for) a large size of something you end up not liking!

K and S said...

I should try Jamba one day, Laura :)

So true Deb :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Admin said...

Hi Kat! Even the Starbucks here at my place is introducing something new every week. Some are good but some are really not worth it. I think Starbucks is taking risks since they could afford it. I guess they keep the ones that are good and clear their shelves off of the ones with bad feedback. Personally, I think food and beverage businesses should have something new in their menu every once in a while, they can't sell the same thing for eternity, right? Well, it's a big risk.

KirkK said...

Ah yes Starbucks...always finding new ways of seperating your ,oney from you....

K and S said...

It is Mikuru :)

They are pretty good at it Kirkk :)

Take care you two.
Kat

tastingood said...

The mango Vivano is actually very good/refreshing. Maybe you just chose the wrong one.

If you're looking for a banana smoothie, I would suggest you go to 'Umeke market. They PB&B (peanut butter and banana) is great.

By the way, this is Shirley. I commented on your blog in the past. I just got a new e-mail address from google and am planning to start a casual food blog of my own.

K and S said...

Thanks Shirley, will try the mango vivano next time I'm in Starbucks. If I get near Kahala, will look into the PB&B smoothie. Good luck with your blog :) it looks great!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

I'll try to give Starbucks another chance the next time I'm back. At laest I won't order their espresso...which has always been lukewarm every time I ordered it! 'Fraid that they're gonna get sued if a customer gets scalded or something? Espresso is always hot!

Total disgrace for something that originated in Italy...

K and S said...

yeah lukewarm isn't too good Rowena, yesterday at lunch we had lukewarm miso soup...not good!

Take care.
Kat

Saburo said...

Ecch, Star*ucks. Say it ain't so!

K and S said...

yeah disappointing, Saburo :(

Take care.
Kat

Jann said...

I will walk a mile for a Starbucks Coffee, not necessarily a flavored drink, just a cup of plain coffee!I used to make several trips a day to our local Starbucks whenI lived in Seattle. I named my dog after Starbucks~Miss Lilly Starbuck! (a soft coated Wheaten Terrior) I remember years ago, and i do mean way back, I was telling my broker about this company called Starbucks. I wanted to purchase some of their stock and she laughd at me.....I did buy it......she still hates me!

K and S said...

what a cool story Jann :)

Take care.
Kat