Saturday, August 15, 2009

ferdinand

Last Sunday was rainy, really rainy...but we still decided to brave the weather and go to Ferdinand for breakfast.

Previously, I had gone and tried their french toast. This time around was Satoshi's first time for breakfast, he and I both chose pizza toast.

Pizza toast is Japanese name for a slice of bread slathered with pizza sauce then topped with stuff...in this case, sausage and onions and lots of cheese. I've also seen pizza toast at other Japanese cafes that only have thinly sliced bell pepper and onion on them.

All entrees during breakfast come with potato salad, a little ham and some cole slaw...pizza toast was 560 yen (about US$5.60)

Drinks were separate, so Satoshi chose a cup of coffee...400 yen (about US$4) and I chose a cafe au lait 480 yen (about US$4.80).

While this place is a little more expensive than Hiro, I like the fact that I can enjoy my food sans cigarette smoke.

6 comments:

Deb in Hawaii said...

I think"pizza toast" sounds like the perfect breakfast/lunch. Yum!

Rowena said...

I'm shocked over the prices of the coffee! But everything else looks good for what you paid for.

Deb said...

pizza toast sounds like something i used to make at home as a teen - i'd put it in the toaster oven and it would get all bubbly - mmmm. never thought of it as a breakfast meal though!

yes - the coffee prices - WOW!!

K and S said...

Thanks Debinhawaii :)

Kinda pricey but kinda the norm around here too Rowena.

I used to do something with english muffins, ketchup and a slice of cheese (kraft), Deb :) maybe the same thing as you?

Take care everyone.
Kat

Anonymous said...

"Booo!" to cigarette smoke. ;-)

Paz

K and S said...

Paz,
I wish more places would observe "smoke-free" eating spaces.

Take care.
Kat