Tuesday, August 25, 2009

kamizono

Near the Minoo station, there is a tiny restaurant called Kamizono, they prepare kateiryori (homestyle meals).

Amy of Blue Lotus, tried this place awhile back and I found out that Satoshi has been wanting to try this place for some time now.

The place only has about 15 seats, if you have a large party it is wise to call ahead.

We went for lunch and Satoshi chose the ebi fry (fried shrimp) set 1575 yen (about US$15.75), this came with 2 deep fried shrimp, and 5 kobachi (side dishes), miso soup and rice.

I chose the 6 kobachi lunch 1050 yen (about US$10.50), this came with 6 assorted side dishes, miso soup and rice.

Our meals also came with a little shot of coffee shokuzenshu (aperitif), brandy infused with coffee beans, different but delicious. I have had shokuzenshu made from ume (apricot), this was the first time with coffee.

One of the kobachi that I received with my meal was a homemade gomadofu (like soy bean curd but made with sesame), this was served warm. It was creamy and really delicious.

The wife of the chef was kind enough to give us different kobachi so that we could share and try different items. (I liked the kobachi I was served more than the ones that Satoshi was served, his had more mayonnaise-y types.)

After tasting so many different dishes, I was stuffed.

We were glad we tried this place and hope to go back again soon.

Kamizono
5-1 Minoo, Arcos Building 2F (UPDATE: as of 4/2012 they have moved to the 1st floor)
Minoo, Osaka
Phone: 072.724.1897 (new phone number is now: 072.721.0524)

7 comments:

Dennis K. said...

Wow, seems like a great place I'd be really into! Unfortunately most Japanese places here = teriyaki chicken and california rolls...... *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Wow, those look like generous and delicious portions! I guess Satoshi is making up for his sad elementary school lunches (I know I would!), lol.

K and S said...

I miss california roll here Dennis :(

Thanks Anon :0

Take care you two.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Looks like a fun way to try lots of dishes--it all looks good too.

K and S said...

thanks debinhawaii, it was definitely a great way to try different items :)

take care.
kat

Rowena said...

Looking at both of the images, yours does look a lot more tastier. Sounds like it'll be a repeat visit in the future?

K and S said...

I hope so Rowena :)

Take care.
Kat