Tuesday, July 27, 2010

jurison's inn

The last time I ate at Jurison's Inn, was too far back to remember what I ate.

Their food is good and we happened to be in the area recently, so we picked up some lunch to take home.

My dad and I got their special teri-beef and kim chee burger. I got mine with fries, dad had his with tossed salad.

These sandwiches are HUGE! Lots of spicy kim chee and lots of sweet teri-beef.

The sweet, salty and spicy combination is out of this world. I really liked their onion buns too. Really soft, though with all that kim chee, the bottom bun was kinda smushy and soggy.

My dad and I ended up eating this with forks (and fingers).

Mom chose their teri-chicken sandwich.

She also chose a whole wheat bun and tossed salad. She liked the flavor of the chicken. She noted it was "messy" to eat...as everything fell out when she bit into it.

For $6.25 plus tax, you really get your money's worth, in my opinion. Each sandwich comes with fries, macaroni salad or tossed salad. You can also choose what type of bun you would like...though we had soggy buns, we'll be back.

Jurison's Inn (as of 12/2013 they are no longer in business)
Waikele Premium Outlets
94-799 Lumiaina Street
Waipahu, Hawaii
Phone: 808.676.1171

UPDATE: I thought I had never tried Jurison's teri-beef kim chee burger, but actually found it in my archives...4 years ago! here.

10 comments:

Jude said...

This looks delicious - thanks for sharing! Now I have a new place I can visit next time I go home! :)

K and S said...

If you get a chance to check them out I hope you like them Jude :)

Take care.
Kat

Kathy YL Chan said...

I've yet to visit Jurison's Inn...must put it on the to-do list next time after shopping at Waikele ^_^

Deb in Hawaii said...

Those are some big burgers! ;-)

Lori said...

I always see this on the menu but never order it. But you and your dad have changed my mind, it sounds ono! :)

K and S said...

I hope you like it Kathy & Lori :)

It really was Debinhawaii!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Hi Kat - It looks like a nice meal you had with Mom and Dad. I'll add this to my list for my next visit home!

Rowena said...

At that price for those portions, you guys scored good. Onion buns...haven't had those in a long time either! I should just try making my own for the heck of it.

jalna said...

I never heard of that place, but then I hardly go to Waikele. Looks like something I'd love to eat!

K and S said...

thanks Kirk, I hope you like this place the next time you are home :)

It had been awhile for me too with the onion buns, but I liked them Rowena :) can't wait to see the ones you make!

I know Jalna, I live in the country :) If you go, I hope you like it.

Take care all.
Kat