Sunday, March 06, 2011

clean (part 2)

So, after cleaning out the clutter in my utensil drawer, I wondered what to do about my gadget drawer.

While trying to come up with a solution, I cleared out the gadgets that I rarely use. I didn't throw them out (cause you never know when you may need them), just took them out of the drawer and put them into a storage basket that I have in the kitchen.

With the gadgets I had left, I used the "cardboard method" of make a divider. And lined each area with non-skid cupboard liner.

Then one day, I took a loaf cake out of the freezer that my host-sister gave us. The cake was packed inside of this wooden "tin" made by Panibois.

Apparently with a loaf paper, you can bake in these, neat!

Not wanting to throw it out, I washed it and re-used it in my gadget drawer.

Now the gadget drawer is clean.

p.s. the loaf cake was a citron cake, very good. (thank you!)

9 comments:

jalna said...

You should see our gadget drawer. . . cannot find nothing.

K and S said...

Jalna, I bet you Wendell can find stuff in there :)

Take care.
Kat

Japan Australia said...

I am the same with my gadget drawer. I can never find anything when I need it. That is a great idea and smart on recycling!!

KirkK said...

Hey Kat - You sure are organized! And good at recycling too!

K and S said...

Thanks J-A :)

Thanks Kirk, I try to recycle whenever I can :)

Take care you two.
Kat

manju said...

I love your de-cluttering ideas, especially re-purposing everyday items!

K and S said...

Thanks Manju, with the size of my kitchen as small as it is, gotta be as neat as possible. :)

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

I need to have you over to help me organize my drawers. ;-) Yours are so clean.

K and S said...

thanks Deb in Hawaii :) I only have 2 drawers so I think it is easier to keep cleaner than most kitchens!

Take care.
Kat