Sunday, March 27, 2011

spicy

The weather is still cold and I'm still craving spicy...I tried McD's chili chicken sandwich.

Their chili is good and spicy. The chicken was fried, nothing really spectacular but this really hit the spot.

And then I saw Kirk's post where he had a spicy hot dog...

So, I "needed" a chili dog for lunch the next day...

It was my first time trying MOS burger's chili dog. It looked a bit skimpy on the chili, but turned out to be just right. Not messy eating at all.

The weiner had a nice snap and the bun was so soft!

At 220 yen (about US$2.20), I'd say it was a good deal. Plus, it satisfied my spicy cravings...for now.

8 comments:

Dennis K. said...

The sausages are crazy snappy in Japan and why I love them. They sure know how to improve everything from cell phones to dogs!

Japan Australia said...

I love a bit of Chili any time of year. The Chili Chicken Sandwich looks good and has a lot of Chili, which is a bonus. I haven't tried it before. I can recommend the Mos Burger Chili Dog, which is really nice!!

Japan Australia

KirkK said...

Hi Kat - I was actually waiting for that chili dog!!! ;o)

jalna said...

After reading this post I googled "MOS burgers hawaii". Looks like we don't have them here anymore.

Rowena said...

Great! I just got the idea to make chicken and bean chili for dinner.

Nami {Just One Cookbook} said...

I love MOS burger and I miss it so much! I enjoy reading your food reviews. =)

Deb in Hawaii said...

Looks like a couple of good ways to get your spicy fix.
;-)

K and S said...

I learned about "snappy" dogs from Kirk, Dennis :)

Chili Chicken is new J-A, hope you get a chance to try it :)

Hope I didn't disappoint Kirk :)

Yeah, I think the one in Waikiki closed down awhile back Jalna :(

Yours is gonna be more delicious I'm sure Rowena :)

Thanks Nami :) I love MOS too.

Thanks Deb in Hawaii :)

Take care everyone.
Kat