Thursday, December 08, 2011

"beets"

The "beets" have been harvested.

I say "beets" because there really weren't ruby colored orbs like I had envisioned.

In fact, there were more greens than anything.

I peeled what "beets" I had...this was the biggest.

Still, doesn't it look like a jewel?!

5 in all.

We ate this raw, they were quite tender.

For the greens, I wilted them in a non-stick pan and then chopped them up.

We ate these with some mayonnaise...yum!

I've planted more beets, hoping for orbs this time.

11 comments:

KirkK said...

They are very cute looking Kat!

Anonymous said...

Your beets DO looks like jewels. ;-)

K said...

Pretty!

Kathy YL Chan said...

ahh adorable! they totally look like jewels...rubies perhaps! ^_^

Japan Australia said...

Looking good and nothing beets harvesting your own vegetables :)

Japan Australia

jalna said...

So neat!

K and S said...

cute and delicious Kirk :)

Thanks Paz :)

Thanks K :)

rubies indeed Kathy :)

beets, love it J-A!

Thanks Jalna :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

Rowena said...

Those beet leaves look so healthy. Something nailed main so I threw 'em all in the compost.

K and S said...

I felt silly using a peeler to peel these Rowena, but I couldn't see myself throwing them out.

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Adorable little beets! ;-)

K and S said...

teeny but delish, Deb :)

Take care.
Kat