Sunday, February 05, 2012

chocolate finds

Been finding new chocolates to try these days...

Green Dream, a Belgian fair trade chocolate...72% dark chocolate with cranberries, this one had a nice snap and was a little acidic.

People Tree, a Swiss fair trade chocolate, this one was a creamy milk with hazelnuts.

Both could have had a little more "stuff" in them.

From Dean & Deluca Japan, I tried the Mast Brothers 74% dark chocolate with organic almonds, olive oil and sea salt.

This is a bean to bar maker from New York. I really liked this one.

The hot chocolate ball was 60-65% and made for a rich hot chocolate.

Belgian Cafe-Tasse's chocolat noir au thé russe earl grey (a 60% dark chocolate with Russian Earl Grey) the earl grey flavor wasn't overly perfumy and I was trying to figure out if they add crispies to it or if there were actual earl grey tea leaves in there, I think it may be the latter.

I like this one too.

Valentine's Day is coming up, so hopefully there is more chocolate out there to be tasted.

16 comments:

Dennis K. said...

Weird, I never have a sweet tooth and I picked up a KitKat matcha flavor the other day out of curiosity...

Japan Australia said...

Got to get ready for Valentine's Day :)

Japan Australia

K and S said...

ooh that is weird, Dennis, I hope you enjoyed it :)

Take care.
Kat

Fabian said...

"Café Tasse" is a funny name for a chocolate company, since it literally means "coffee pot"... well, let's eat some coffee pots ;-)

K and S said...

I thought "tasse" meant cup in french, Fabian. So "cafe-tasse" would be "coffee cup", I could be wrong.

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Your chocolate finds puts the stuff here to shame. Never heard of any of those, and that hot chocolate ball is too cute!

Fabian said...

Ah sorry, my fault - of course you are totally right, I just wrote it wrongly... Thanks for your hint!

Anyway, quite a funny name - I imagine "eating" coffee cups :-D

K and S said...

I'm on the hunt for RitterSport's commemorative bar, they have some kind of anniversary this year, Rowena :0 (you'd probably see it before me)

Fabian :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Anonymous said...

How fun and delicious!

K and S said...

it was Paz :)

Take care.
Kat

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

I wish I can allow myself to try so many kinds of chocolate! Valentines Day comes too quickly after New Year's resolution! lol.

K and S said...

I think this is why I don't make resolutions, Nami :)

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

I have been wanting to try the Mast Brothers Chocolate. I have seen them on The Food Network. ;-)

K and S said...

hope you get a chance to try them Deb, really delicious.

take care.
kat

K said...

Yum that last tea chocolate sounds delicious!

K and S said...

it was K :)

Take care.
Kat