Monday, February 27, 2012

things I'm liking (disliking)

Last week, the weather got a little warm and then decided to go back towards winter, so for the next couple of days we're in the single digits....brr! In fact, yesterday, we had a little snow...woot!

Some random things I'm liking (disliking)....not really liking this green tea from Fauchon.

It tasted like the metal can...boo!

This version, had milk and sugar added to the green tea....blah!

Am liking these two throat drops by MUJI.

One is a yuzu (citron) & kinkan (kumquat) and the other is tien-cha (Chinese blackberry).

The citrus one was a bit on the sour side and the tien-cha had a menthal flavor.

During the winter I find having a little throat drop in my mouth is a great way to keep my throat from getting dry and scratchy.

MUJI's lemon baum kuchen...this was lemony and very moist.

I really liked this shop's window.

They put their "chocolate" watch on a plate to make it like a dessert.

Satoshi and I love this snack.

Iwatsuka Seika's Ebi-Kari (shrimp curry). Crunchy shrimp crackers are flavored with a spicy curry and a handful of roasted peanuts.

Perfect with beer.

Dominique Saibron's chicken quiche.

On the bottom, caramelized onions, and on top, pieces of peppery roast chicken...delicious.

Dominique Saibron's melon pan (a butter roll with a cookie topping).

They only make 200 of these a day, it was so-so.

Michel Chaudun's chocolat au lait (chocolate milk)...rich and creamy.

What have you been enjoying?

14 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

My throat is scratchy this AM and that choclat au lait would be the perfect remedy~

K and S said...

hope your scratchy throat gets better Lizzy :)

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Ooooh that chicken quiche looks good!

Japan-Australia said...

Love the kinkan candy and throat drops they have in Japan :)

Japan Australia

K and S said...

loved that quiche Jalna :)

they do have good throat drops here J-A!

Take care you two.
kat

Rowena said...

I think our weather will follow suit and be like yours too. For 3 days in a row it was around 18°C, crazy strong winds and felt like spring arrived. Today I think not as the weather dude says temps will drop.

I like that The Descendants didn't win anything except best screenplay adaption or whatever. I fell asleep halfway into the movie last night!

K and S said...

we had snow this morning Rowena, Satoshi was sad he had to go to work, he wanted to stay in his bed all day :) I heard George and Brad had a bet, if B won, G had to babysit B's kids at G's Italy home :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

I sympthasize with Satoshi...enough of the snow already. I'm afraid for my tulips that have all begun to pop out of the ground.

So funny about the bet! Yep, I can see the papparazzi going nuts if that ever happened.

Deb in Hawaii said...

That lemon baum kuchen looks amazing. ;-)

K and S said...

yeah my tulips have been peeking out since December Rowena :0

It was Deb :)

Take care you two.
Kat

K said...

Great roundup! I love the snacks at Muji, so many different types of products!

K and S said...

MUJI does have many different items, lots of fun to check out K :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowan Boon said...

Mghh the chicken quiche and the chocolat au lait made me hungry, it looks terribly good.
Too bad the green tea in the can was bad though, I had a similar experience with some canned coffee...nasty metallic aftertaste!

K and S said...

yup those canned drinks are nasty Rowan :(

Take care.
Kat