Monday, April 30, 2012

changes

Do you change the layout of where you live? I think we've rearranged our apartment too many times to count.

Before going to Hawaii in March, I had our television placed in front of our big glass doors (something like this photo). Only problem with this is that during the summer, we get lots of sun in this area.

Not good for electrical stuff.

So, I told Satoshi we should move the television into our "closet room" because it is one of the only other areas with the cable plug for the television.

Of course, he looks at me like I was out of my mind and says, "what will we do while we eat?"

I said, "we could talk"...sigh

So, we've been trying this set up for the past couple of weeks. It is a good thing most of our furniture is on wheels so it is easy to move them when I get a crazy idea to change our layout.

All in all, it is a good set-up.

Now I don't have the television on as background noise while I'm on the computer. And if I sit in the area with the big glass doors, I listen to music, read or just have a little quiet time.

Do you change the layout of where you live?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol. Typical male response and typical female response.

Happy Little Bento said...

I like this way better too. And have you been conversing more? We only change the family room around at Christmastime to accomodate the tree. Also, when we get rid of toys. We used to have a big castle play structure in the front room which kept the kids entertained (and turned out to be a great place to hide other toys) but when we got rid of it we gained wonderful valuable space to use, and moved our velvet ottoman there. It's nice to gain a fresh perspective.

K and S said...

Thanks Anon.

Definitely conversing more, Sheri :) I'm really glad we changed the layout. I like how you had a huge castle in your living area before, so cool :)

Take care you tw.
Kat

Rowena said...

With that tv we recently bought "for people who no can see too good anymore", my rearranging days are definitely over.

We don't normally keep the tube on while we eat with the exception of the evening trivia game show. And yeah that would be me talking (or yelling) at the contestant how stupid she is for not knowing what is the sicilian cookie shaped like the letter s!

K said...

I love that now you have all that great light coming in from outside!

Deb in Hawaii said...

That's funny--I hope it is working. ;-) I am bad about moving stuff around--mainly because I am lazy. ;-) It's nice that your things are on wheels.

K and S said...

that trivia game sounds fun, Rowena!

I do too K!

wheels definitely help, Deb ;)

Take care everyone.
Kat