Wednesday, May 30, 2012

on a walk (or two)

Even if we've not been "declared" to be in rainy season by the weather dude, I swear we are.

Yesterday, it was so humid and then we had a thunder AND lightning show plus a huge downpour TWICE!

I even saw a bolt of lightning above the condo across of ours...I'm glad I got my walk and grocery shopping in before all the excitement happened.

I guess I should be thankful, there were other areas of Japan that had hail?!

Anyway...on one of my walks last week, it was drizzling but the azaleas were in full bloom and very pretty.

Then on another walk, I walked along the Ookawa towards Nakanoshima.

I noticed this winding ramp.

It turns out this ramp is great for bicycles & wheelchairs to get on and off Nakanoshima.

As I was making my way down the winding ramp, I noticed this boat with 1 passenger and a driver.

The guy riding was filming something.

This was the bridge from the underneath.

Huge!

A little further down was the Nakanoshima rose garden.

We've gone here in the past and enjoyed the roses.

This year I went a little late so the roses seem to have been past their prime. Also, it was so hot on this day that most of the flowers looked limp.

I loved the names of these roses...Gina Lollobrigida.

And this one was Yellow Queen Elizabeth.

What have you been seeing on your walks?

5 comments:

KirkK said...

Nice photos Kat! I always enjoy your "walks".

hijodeganas said...

The weather in Japan has been crazy lately. It's almost June and still cold at night!

I personally enjoy the thunder and lightning though. Just wish I didn't have to walk through it to get to work...

K and S said...

aw thanks Kirk :)

yeah walking through it is no fun, Hijodeganas!

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

If there's any declaring to be done for our weather it has to be "lolo". Sunny in the morning and afternoon, thunder and rain early evening. We dared to chance 'em a couple of days ago and took a quick walk up the mountain even though the clouds were turning black. If we had left 5 minutes earlier, we wouldn't have been caught in the hailstorm on the way back! I got hit in the head (tiny pea size hail) before we were able to take cover under a hazelnut tree. Never gonna try that stunt again.

K and S said...

I think the whole world's weather is kinda lolo Rowena...glad you guys didn't get hurt with that hail.

Take care.
Kat