Thursday, October 25, 2012

café tous les jours

Yesterday, I went to the ob-gyn.

I was actually scheduled to get checked out last week when I went for my physical, but it was "that time of the month", so I had to re-schedule.

The clinic they sent me to, was in a not so nice area of Osaka.

I got there at 10:30...

Just to see the doctor, I waited over an hour and then after talking with her for a couple of minutes, it took another hour in the waiting room before I was able to get the exam done.

Even though my BMI is 24, the first thing she says to me after talking with her is, "you need to lose weight"...sigh.

Um, yeah, I know, and I'm working on it...

Anyway, by the time I left her office it was lunchtime (13:00 to be exact).

I went to eat a late lunch (I usually eat at 11-ish) at Café tous les jours, which I've written about before here.

Their lunch special was tandoori chicken...950 yen.

This came with rice or baguette (I chose baguette) and choice of drink (I chose iced chai).

The chicken was very moist and flavorful.

Ugh, but I forgot that they allow smoking in the café...blah.

It will take some time before I get back my results.

All in all, it was a pretty long day...

7 comments:

mariko said...

That sounds like an exhausting day!

K said...

I hope the results are good!

The chicken looks delicious, I love the lunch sets in Japan (more variety!)

jalna said...

Ugh!! One of my least favorite things to do. At least I have a female doctor now, but I still procrastinate in sheduling my annual exams.

K and S said...

exhausting indeed Mariko :0

me too K :)

yeah, I had a female doctor when I lived in Hawaii too Jalna.

Take care everyone.
Kat

Rowena said...

Okay, I thing blogger just ate my comment. Anyway, just wanted to show my support in your effort to shed a few pounds. It's going to be so hard with the holidays just around the corner, and then of course there is the thought of extreme cold that warrants an extra big mug of hot chocolate!

KirkK said...

Tough day Kat! That smoking thing always throws me off when we travel.

K and S said...

I've had problems with the forum style comments, Rowena :( mine always go *poof*...am looking forward to hot chocolate :)

I totally enjoy when I am in Hawaii, Kirk, no prob with the smokers :)

Take care you two.
Kat