Friday, October 26, 2012

grand marble

When I'm on the computer, I often also listen to the radio.

This particular station often advertises Grand Marble's danish breads, which sounded really delicious.

The main store is in Kyoto, but they also have a little shop in Osaka.

I picked up their fig and chocolate...1260 yen.

I sliced the bread into 8 slices and froze 4.

We had a toasted slice for breakfast with tea yesterday.

Lots of chocolate and figs in there.

This is definitely not for everyday though it would really make a great gift.

Grand Marble Dojima store
1-1-13 Dojima
Kita, Osaka
Phone: 06.6345.5166
Open weekdays 11:00-24:00

p.s. It's Friday! Hope you have a great weekend.

6 comments:

Kathy YL Chan said...

Ooo that looks good! Have you tried the "turtle bread" from Boulangerie back in Hawai'i (on S. King St)...different, but if you like this one, I think you'd like that as well ^_^

Rowena said...

That looks soooo awesome. I would love to see a fig-choc combo in a panettone....hmmm...maybe I'll try it myself.

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Sounds really delicious, but chotto takai ne... :) I always love figs in baked goods!

K and S said...

will have to try next time I'm home, Kathy :)

ooh yeah, fig-choc panettone would be nice Rowena :)

great as a gift though Nami :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

K said...

Ooh, the marbling looks pretty!

K and S said...

and delicious too K!

Take care.
Kat