Tuesday, December 25, 2012

merry christmas

I've been seeing these "towers" made from small rolled cakes.

Not willing to pay the outrageous prices for them since it is Christmas, I decided I would try to "make" my own.

I found these...l-o-n-g rolled cakes in chocolate and whipped cream at the market...only 138 yen each.

I split the rolls in half and made 1 tree for me and 1 for Satoshi. The trunk of the tree was from 3 pieces from the chocolate cake and the tree was from 3 pieces of the yellow cake.

I probably should've measured my cuts so that they would've been even (and level). Maybe not as cute as the ones they are selling, but way cheaper...

Well, the strawberries...unreal expensive...I won't tell you how much I paid for 7 of them...

Oh, and be sure to cut your berries into hearts. (If you click on the photo you'll be able to see the heart at the base of the chocolate cake)

Just split them in half, then remove the leaves.

With a knife, cut a "V" where the stem is and you'll have...hearts!

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope Santa brings everything you are wishing for.

10 comments:

2kamuela47 said...

Merry Christmas! Those look divine and you so innovative. Blessing to you and Satoshi!

Anonymous said...

Mele Kalikimaka!

Alan

Rowena said...

Joyeux Noel you two! I love that cute diy idea but can only imagine the price of those berries!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and Satoshi.

K said...

Oh these look so cute and delicious! Happy holidays!

K and S said...

Happy Holidays Laura, Alan, Anon!

The berries were unreal more than the cakes...Rowena

Thanks K! Happy Holidays.

Take care everyone.
Kat

KirkK said...

Merry Christmas Kat!

K and S said...

Happy Holidays to you and the Missus, Kirk!

Take care.
Kat

Perogyo said...

So cute! Merry Christmas!

K and S said...

Thanks Perogyo, hope your Christmas was nice :)

Take care.
Kat