Thursday, February 07, 2013

dentist

I went for my regular 3-month dental check-up the other day.

The hygenist asked me if there was any changes. I told her whenever I floss a certain area, the floss gets stuck.

She checked it out...she thought it may be a cavity so we had to x-ray the area.

Yup.

The filling on a particular tooth cracked so they need to treat the cavity then re-cap it.

They numbed the area...

Technology these days...x-rays, just bite down on this spongy thing. None of those cardboard films that used to make me gag!

And computerized anesthesia! There is apparently still a thin needle but you don't even feel it. (they made me close my eyes so I didn't actually see, I found out about this by talking to a friend about it)

The down side to using this type of anesthesia is that it takes some time for it to take effect.

Boy, almost 5 hours afterwards it was still working!

Anyway, I need to go back next week and then another time after that.

I really dislike Japanese dentistry because they like to drag procedures out. For now, they told me not to floss that area.

Take care of your teeth people.

5 comments:

K said...

Good luck, I hope everything is back to normal soon!

K and S said...

me too K! Thanks!

Take care.
Kat

Happy Little Bento said...

I don't like dental problems either. Hope your cavity and filling get taken care of and that's it for a long while.

Rowena said...

Blah! Ok this post must be a wake-up call. I'm supposed to do the yearly checkup but I backed out. My teeth feel fine!

K and S said...

I hope it is just those two more times, Sheri...crossing my fingers & toes.

You better go Rowena, I wasn't in any pain either and look what happened...

Take care you two.
Kat