Friday, February 22, 2013

hands cafe

The other day, I was on my way to Umeda for an appointment.

As I was on the train, the person I was supposed to meet, left a message on my cell to cancel...boo!

I hate when that happens, especially when it is snowing and I could have stayed at home...

Oh well, things happen and appointments get cancelled.

Since I was already out and on my way to Umeda, I had lunch at Hands Cafe located in the Tokyu Hands.

If you've visited Japan before and visited Tokyu Hands, you'll know that they sell, pretty much everything from DIY stuff to beauty products.

Anyway, it was my first time trying their cafe, which is run by Wired Cafe. (I thought I posted about Wired Cafe, but realized I hadn't, guess we'll have to go back so I can post about them.)

I tried their "mexican" chicken salad...880 yen. This came with consomme soup, pretzel bread and a drink of choice, which I chose ginger ale.

I put mexican in quotes because what Japan considers "mexican" cuisine is usually pretty interesting...the chicken, while moist, had a lot of curry powder and cumin as seasoning, and while delicious, I would not say it was "mexican".

Still, I wouldn't mind trying some of their other dishes...I'll be back.

Hands Cafe
Daimaru Umeda Department Store 10F
Umeda, Osaka
Phone: 06.6347.7188
Hours: 10:00-20:00

p.s. it's Friday here, hope you have a nice weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tokyu Hands is my favorite store. The variety is nothing short of amazing!

Alan

K said...

I could spend hours in a Tokyu Hands, so fun!

Rowena said...

That looks like a pretty good deal for that price too!

K and S said...

I also like that they have free WIFI, Alan :)

indeed K!

definitely a good deal, Rowena :)

Take care everyone!
Kat

KirkK said...

Nice price....but that is a broad definition of "Mexican style"....like wrong continent and all! ;o)

K and S said...

thought you might get a kick out of it, Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat