Wednesday, February 27, 2013

la maison de graciani

I've written about Grand Maison Graciani before here.

Sadly, this restaurant had a fire in 2012. The restaurant was in a historical building, so I am not sure they were able to rebuild after the fire.

I'm not sure of the whole story, I think the kitchen may still be working, but they are no longer operating as a restaurant.

Anyway, with the recent renewal of the Hankyu Department store in Umeda, they opened a new brand called La Maison de Graciani.

The other night, on his way home from work, Satoshi picked up a couple desserts for us to try.

This cake had a sweet sour taste. I think they combined strawberry and cherry. The middle was quite dense like a cheesecake but reminded me of buttercream.

This dessert was really airy.

There was a little cake, a lot of cream, some strawberries and pistachios...we liked this one of the two.

I hope in the future the restaurant will make a comeback, but in the meantime, we'll be back for their sweets.

La Maison de Graciani
Hankyu Department Store Umeda B1
Umeda, Osaka
Phone: 06.6361.1381

5 comments:

K said...

Wow, what pretty cakes!

KirkK said...

Hey Kat - Man, you've really been taking care of that sweet tooth recently! Looks great!

K and S said...

K, springy, yeah?!

Kirk, my sweet tooth is always taken care of :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

Too bad about that building catching fire but how nice of Satoshi to pick up dessert!

K and S said...

yeah I was bummed when I saw it on the news Rowena, I hope they can rebuild.

Take care.
Kat