Sunday, December 29, 2013

10 photos

I started doing this back in 2008 as a meme, and now I think it is a great way to take a peek at some of the highlights over the year from my kitchen...

Kale with Orange Miso Sesame Dressing

Re-creating this salad was fun and delicious.

O-inarisan

It was my first time making these and even though it took some time, I'm glad I tried making these.

Japanese Cole Slaw

I had been wanting to try making Japanse cole slaw with purple cabbage and I'm glad I did.

This version is much more colorful and tasty too.

Matcha Scones

With all the scones I have posted on the blog, these were the first matcha(green tea) ones.

Black Sesame Pancakes

Adapted from a book that Dennis introduced me to, changing the recipe to fit what we had in our pantry didn't change the deliciousness of them.

Magurozuke Avocado Donburi

This dish was simple and fast, and it got a thumbs up from Satoshi.

Spam wonton

These were delicious, but they didn't freeze too well.

I think if you freeze them they should be done before you fry them.

After frying them and then freezing them, they were really greasy...eep!

So-min Champuru

A great way to use up somen in your pantry.

Marinated Sanma Salad

Re-creating this salad was tasty and the marinated sanma and mushrooms make great pupus (appetizers).

Zippy's Fresh Strawberry Summer Salad

A perfect combination of sweet and sour, this salad is great whenever strawberries are in season.

Did you have a favorite from this past year that wasn't posted? Tell me about it in the comments.

5 comments:

K said...

Mmm, what a delicious year :o)

KirkK said...

You've really been eating well this year Kat!

K and S said...

Thanks K!

I would hope so Kirk :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

Your end-of-year memes are always fun to look at (and refresh my memory). I still have the kale recipe on a sticky note!

K and S said...

I hope you get a chance to try the kale recipe, Rowena :)

Take care.
Kat