Tuesday, December 03, 2013

c-h-e-e-s-e

It's Winter which means it is perfect weather for cheese...melty, oozy goodness.

I thought I had talked about this cheese but figured out I hadn't. We actually had this Rosso di Langa back in October.

It is made from sheep & cow's milk. This cheese was a bit pricey...880 yen for that piece in the photo.

After trying it, I thought this one wasn't as creamy as the carboncino we tried, but still delicious.

Then, when I had lunch with my host brother's wife, she mentioned Kannonya's cheesecake.

She said, "if you go into trying it thinking it is "cheesecake", you'll be disappointed"...

Actually, I've been meaning to try this for many many years, but hadn't gotten around to until recently.

From the directions, you'll know off the bat it is different.

You'll need to heat it up before eating...

The cheese needs to get melty (but not burnt--said the directions)...

Spongecake topped with Denmark cheese (I think it is similar to the type of cheese used in fondue).

Pop it into the micro and nuke for a couple of seconds...until melty.

Yup, it is really "cheese" cake.

Sweet-Salty. Nothing like the cheesecakes I have ever tasted.

Super delicious with wine.

I'm glad we finally got to try this. I think these would be a great gift for wine lovers.

What foods are you eating this winter?

5 comments:

Lindsay-Jean said...

Yuuum. Bring on the cheese!

Rowena said...

Nice to see you're getting some extra calcium ^-^ with interesting cheese items. I just made a bell pepper-tomato pasta dish last night where miniature mozz balls are stirred in at the end and heated until they're warmed through but not completely melted. The turn into tiny, gooey cheese pillows in each bite!

K and S said...

indeed LJ :)

ooh that sounds so good, Rowena!

Take care you two.
Kat

K said...

Ooh yum, that "cheese" cake looks delicious!

K and S said...

it was especially nice with wine K!

Take care.
Kat