Tuesday, December 31, 2013

thank you!

On the 29th, Satoshi had to work.

Since his choices for lunch on Sundays are usually slim, I figured that this particular Sunday would be even harder to find something for lunch since most businesses were going on New Years holidays.

So, I asked him if he wanted a bento (boxed meal), he thought about it and said yes.

Salmon, tamagoyaki (rolled omelette), kabocha chakinshibori (mashed pumpkin with parmesan cheese), shiitake sauteed with butter and tonkatsu sauce, spinach goma-ae, ninjinshirishiri, musubi filled with different items (goma takana, ume, konbu).

It's the last day of 2013...it was a short, yet long year.

Lots of sad days, for sure.

But, I am thankful for the time spent with my Mom.

And even if most days were stressful, I'm still thankful for the time spent with my Dad.

I am very grateful for the support of family...

and for friends (real & virtual).

This year, I reconnected with many eating places and old friends.

I was lucky to meet up with some blog friends and Flickr friends, IRL (in real life), too.

So even if most days were sad ones, there were still good ones and many delicious ones too.

Thank you for reading our blog, I hope 2014 will be a happier and even more delicious year for you.

Be well everyone!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank YOU, Kat. I wish for a much happier 2014 for you and for you to know how much I enjoy your blogs, with all the insight of a non-native Japanese in Japan, all your recipes (I've created a little cookbook for myself and a majority of the recipes are yours), and thank you for sharing your pain and losses. I find it is very cathartic and hope it helped you cope a little better knowing everyone tried to share your burden.

K and S said...

aw, thank you *blush* Vicki! you made my day :)

Take care!
Kat

Rowena said...

Ach! I am going to delete the pre-written post by Wordpress (they make it so easy for bloggers with no time) and make me own end-of-year post. Thank YOU for being the top commenter on my blog (that's what wordpress said!), even though you were going through a tough 2013. I still don't know what to make of 2014...we shall see what it brings!

islandgirl1223 said...

Happy New Year to you...My dad passed away this year too so I can relate to what you are going thru...take care and here's to happy days in 2014.

KirkK said...

Best wishes for a much happier year ahead Kat!

jalna said...

Happy New Year to you and Satoshi, Kat!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Kat, I hope 2014 is full of good things for you and your family.

-myra

K and S said...

wow top commenter, nice, Rowena! hope 2014 will be good to you guys!

sorry to hear islandgirl1223, hugs!

Thank you Kirk :)

Thank you Jalna!

Thank you Myra :)

Take care everyone :)
Kat

Lindsay-Jean said...

Happy New Year Kat! Hope 2014 is filled with many happy moments for you (and I'll look forward to reading about them!)!

K and S said...

Thanks LJ! I look forward to all the tulips blooming in your backyard & updates on your garlic!

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

All the best to you K!

Take care.
Kat