Tuesday, January 21, 2014

miyama cafe

I've been wanting to try this place for some time. They use vegetables grown in Kyoto.

I went once on a Sunday morning because I heard they serve breakfast...um, on the weekdays only (someone should update the tabelog page)...sigh.

Then I thought Satoshi and I could have lunch here after his German class...their last order is at 14:00 and he usually meets up with me at 14:00...sigh.

Finally, I went on a Tuesday, when I had an appointment in the area.

I was the first to arrive when the doors opened at 11:00 and ordered their vegetable curry...880 yen.

Lots of different vegetables which were roasted or grilled and just the right amount of rice and curry.

The tables filled up quite quickly, so if you plan to go, go early...I'll be back.

Miyama Cafe
Umesankoji
Kita-ku, Osaka
Phone: 06.6348.0831
Breakfast (weekdays) 7:00-11:00, Lunch 11:00-15:00 (last order 14:00), Dinner 17:00-23:00 (last order 22:00)
Open everyday


4 comments:

K said...

That looks so colorful!

K and S said...

it was good Kirk :)

it surely was, K!

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

Don't you just hate it when they don't update the menu/hours/whatever on their web page? We specifically went to one place because of their online menu, only to arrive and learn that their menu is down-sized during the winter due to slower business.

K and S said...

Rowena, it upsets me when the shop doesn't update their own site & it upsets me when sites like yelp & tabelog (jpn yelp) don't get updated by the reviewers.

Take care.
Kat