Sunday, June 08, 2014

keeping cool

Way back, I wrote about keeping cool using glass dishes...here.

Well, I took out our Ryukyu glasses for summer (Ryukyu is another name for Okinawa)...it does look "cooling" doesn't it.

During summer I look forward to all the "hiyashi" & "rei" (cold) dishes...like this reimen at Chaina...750 yen.

I like this version with a little kim chee...spicy and cool...

I learned something new, eat more chilis to boost your spirits during the rainy season...

Summer is here!

5 comments:

Dennis K. said...

Nice Kat! The crazy heat hasn't hit here yet but will eventually.

KirkK said...

I love the bit on the chilies Kat......I should really be happy; I eat them all the time! ;o)

Rowena said...

We're just starting to feel the hot of summer, so I think more beers posts are in order!

K said...

Mmm, those noodles look delicious!

K and S said...

lucky you Dennis :)

lol Kirk, you do eat a lot of them :)

yeah, Rowena :)

indeed K!

Take care everyone!
Kat