Sunday, September 21, 2014

on the lanai

What do you have growing on your lanai/garden?

I just planted some kale, chard, beets, Italian parsley and cilantro. (Though I think the Italian parsley seeds are old already)

I also picked up these two brussels sprout plants. At 55 yen each, they were a bargain.

As for flowers, I planted ranunculus. And it looks like the freesia is coming up in the pots too.

I covered several planters with plastic since it has been a bit nippy in the mornings and evenings.

I hope your garden is doing well, have a nice week.

9 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

Hi Kat - Since you mentioned brussel sprouts - my husband turned me on to Gyukaku's (Windward Mall) brussel sprout appetizer - Quarter sprouts and deep fry (I know not too healthy), then a little salt. Top with a drizzle of ponzu sauce and then some wasabi mayo mixture - ohhh so ono! Gotta eat it fast or it gets soggy. I especially like the single leaves that get extra crispy! :)

You have such a green thumb! I've been trying to get my Hilo papaya seeds to sprout, but have been unsuccessful...the Hilo type was so tasty compared to the other local ones I have been trying! Talk to you later! Mich

K and S said...

ooh frying doesn't sound healthy but does sound ono, Mich :)

hope your papaya will be successful! Hilo papaya is so good, yeah?! :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Nice Kat! You really do have a green thumb.

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk, you too!

Take care.
Kat

Lindsay-Jean said...

Ooh Brussels sprouts, yum! I hope they do well for you!

Rowena said...

Hope all your plants will do well in the coming months. I picked the last of the zukes!

K and S said...

me too LJ!

did you yield a lot of zukes, Rowena?!

Take care you two!
Kat

Rowena said...

Only 8.5 pounds this year. Crossing fingers for next year.

K and S said...

seems like a lot to me Rowena! Hope next year will be better though:)

Take care!
Kat