Thursday, September 04, 2014

quinoa fritters

Sunday, the market was crazy! Apparently there was a huge ad and everyone and their uncle was shopping at the market. It took us about half an hour to check out.

I was amazed at how many couples were "tag team" shopping...one would stand in line while the other ran around the store to grab items.

There were also couples who stood in separate lines to see which one would get to the register first...

Anyway, Sunday we had gone to the market to re-stock our empty refrig. I bought lots of veggies and incorporated them into these quinoa fritters.

I used the base of my zucchini fritters and added a little more veggies and the quinoa.

Quinoa Fritters: makes about 6
About 2 tablespoons of cooked quinoa
1/4 zucchini, diced
1/4 red bell pepper, diced
1/8 onion, diced
1 egg
6 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon oil
1 teaspoon baking powder
oil to fry

When I made zucchini fritters, I added water, but this time, I forgot and didn't add any.
The batter was a little thick but I came out with 6 3-inch roundish "patties".
I mixed some sriracha sauce with some mayo and drizzled them on the fritters.

NOTES: I liked this. It was more like a savory "pancake". I think the next time I make this I'll add more quinoa.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I like the sound of our quinoa fritters! Yum! I like quinoa. Very funny about the tag team shopping. :-)

K and S said...

I am beginning to like quinoa too Paz :)

Take care!
Kat

Rowena said...

Tag team shopping?! The single folks sure are at a disadvantage!

K and S said...

they really were at a disadvantage, Rowena!

Take care!
Kat

K said...

Looks great!