Sunday, November 23, 2014

yuzu marmalade

The day I passed by the fruit stand, they had huge yuzu from Minoo and were selling them for 280 yen for 2.

I had debated whether I would have time to make marmalade and decided to wait...

The next day, the sun was out, so I went to check out the fall foliage, then figured to check out the fruit stand to see if she still had the yuzu...bummer, she sold out.

So, I went to a stand that brings in veggies and fruits from Kochi prefecture and bought 4 yuzu for 400 yen.

If I can get my hands on some Minoo yuzu, I'll definitely make another batch.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you be willing to share your recipe? It looks delicious!

Rowena said...

A good thing thatyou found some more!

KirkK said...

The looks nice Kat. Yuzu here costs about $4 for a small one. I'm thinking of getting a tree.

K and S said...

sure Anon, wash the yuzu well and juice them. Slice up your peel and weigh it. The amount of sugar should equal the weight of your peel. Add 2 cups of water, the juice of the yuzu and the peel. Bring to a boil, when the liquid starts to evaporate and the bubbles become less, check the set. Put into sterilized jars and fill to the top, put the caps on and turn the bottle upside down onto the cap. After the jar is cool, refrigerate or keep in a cool dark place.

Rowena, I know!

Ooh would be nice if you get a tree Kirk!

Take care everyone!
Kat

K and S said...

you are welcome Anon!

Take care:)
Kat