Tuesday, December 02, 2014

ça va

If you know some French, you'll know that "ça va?" means "how are you?"

Well, if you also know some Japanese, you'll know that the Japanese cannot pronounce "v" and instead pronounce it as "b"...so "ça va" would be "saba"....saba is mackerel.

I thought this packaging was fun.

Made by a company in Iwate prefecture, apparently Iwate catches the most mackerel in Japan.

I'm not sure how I'll prepare this yet but can't wait to try it.

Do you have a favorite way of eating saba (mackerel)? Please share it in the comments.

9 comments:

Rona Y said...

I would just put some on crackers (saltines) and eat it like that! I've never had mackeral in oil, but I've been eating sardines in oil (the Portuguese ones, not Brunswick or similar!) on crackers since I was a very young child!

Kozue said...

So humorous! Moreover, Japanese Word of the Day on the sidebar is "gag" today. The world is full of humors!

K and S said...

thanks for the tip Rona :)

Jalna :)

that is funny Kozue :)

Take care everyone!
Kat

Rowena said...

excellent marketing ploy ever!

K and S said...

Rowena, cute yeah?!

Take care :)
Kat

KirkK said...

That's funny Kat.....nice marketing.

K and S said...

fun yeah?! Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat

K said...

I love the play on words!

K and S said...

K, cute yeah?!

Take care.
Kat