Monday, December 22, 2014

coutume café

Saturday, I checked out Coutume Café.

The original shop is in Paris.

Arriving there at about 9-ish, there were a few customers having coffee, some having breakfast.

I ordered a Steampunk...380 yen (tax included)

A steampunk is a crazy siphon looking thingy...if you are interested, you can read up on it here.

After ordering, I was given a number, I found a place to sit and waited.

A couple came in after me and ordered their breakfast....

They had also ordered a steampunk...I watched as they were served BEFORE me...

The server realized he bypassed me and apologized...had it actually been "busy" I probably would be more forgiving...

So, how was the coffee?

It was good.

The beans used were called Las Hojas (Acatenango) from Guatemala. Delicate, fruity.

Would I go back? Meh, probably not. If you'd like to check them out, here is their info.

Coutume Café (UPDATE: 2018 closed)
Diamor B1F
Kita-ku, Osaka
Phone: 06.6348.4630
Hours: 7:30-22:00, open when Diamor is


4 comments:

KirkK said...

All those different ways of serving coffee...too bad the service was not good.

K and S said...

true Kirk!

Take care:)
Kat

K said...

I read this as Costume cafe and was wondering what the costumes were.. haha!

K and S said...

that is funny K!

Take care.
Kat