Saturday, January 31, 2015

foodie thursday in maiko

Thursday, I got together with my host-mom and my host-brother's wife for lunch. It's that time of year for our birthdays, so my host-mom took us to a buffet at the Maiko Villa hotel.

The last time we came here was when my host-brother and his family moved from Tokyo to Hyogo...some 10 years ago?!

This buffet was good! You don't have to stand up and go through a buffet line, instead, you order what you want from their menu.

I think we ordered "almost" everything on the menu...

After lunch, we went for coffee on the 14th floor.

It looks out at the Akashi Kaikyo Bridge...amazing views! Too bad the weather was overcast.

Oh, the bouquet up top is what I gave to my host-mom for her birthday, she said she really liked the colors.

It was a nice day, lots of good food and good conversation.

Thank you!

Maiko Villa
Umihotaru (Chinese restaurant)
Key West (14F lounge)
18-11 Higashi Maiko-cho
Tarumi-ku, Kobe
Phone:078.706.3711

p.s. today is the start of the Chinese New Year...Kung Hee Fat Choy!

5 comments:

Marie said...

Interesting ordering system for a buffet! Sounds like a lovely time. :)

K and S said...

it really saves on wasting food, Marie :)

Take care!
Kat

KirkK said...

Love that last photo Kat!

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk:)

Take care!
Kat

K and S said...

it really was K!

Take care:)
Kat