Sunday, February 15, 2015

valentine's day

How was your Valentine's Day? Hope you had a nice day with your special someone.

Since the girls are supposed to give the guys chocolates in Japan, I did something simple and dipped some strawberries in milk chocolate (Satoshi's fave) then decorated them with some blingy sprinkles for Satoshi.

Satoshi received some giri-choco (obligation chocolates) from his female co-workers. Someone even gave him a heart shaped senbei (rice cracker).

Lunch was at Gasthaus 44. A German restaurant. I chose the housemade sausages. This came with spätzle, sauerkraut and a dollop of mashed potatoes.

I really enjoyed the sausages. The white one is eaten with a sweet mustard and you need to peel the casing off before eating it. The darker one is eaten with grainy mustard. (the darker one was juicy!)

Satoshi went with their housemade hamburger, which was a meatball that had lots of cumin in it. It smelled wonderful.

After lunch, Satoshi went to meet some of his German classmates for a study session, so I killed some time and headed to Takamura Wine.

They also do coffee, so I had a cup of Mandheling.

Then we met up at Utsubo Park, where we saw this huge black cat. Bigger than my niece, I swear that it was a baby puma!

The weather was sunny but the wind was really icy.

Dinner was an assortment of things from the department food floor with wine.

Hope you have a nice week!

Gasthaus 44 (UPDATE:2021 out of business)
1-12-8 Awaza
Nishi-ku, Osaka
Phone: 06.6533.3443
Closed Sundays
Hours: Lunch 11:30-15:00, Dinner: 17:00-23:00

4 comments:

KirkK said...

Happy V-Day Kat! The Missus and I went to Her favorite gastropubs....we didn't want the crowds and hassles and nothing fancy since, well, we've seen quite a few Valtentine's Days

Kozue said...

Happy Valentine!
I was excited at my chocolates again this year. But heart-shaped cucumbers were the most interesting... (It's on my twitter.)
We can find many delicious things for St. Valentine's Day these years, but I don't want to forget the heart!

K said...

Mmm, those sausages look delicious!

K and S said...

yeah we didn't want to hassle with the crowds too Kirk :) glad you & the Missus had a nice V-day!

so nice Kozue!

they were K!

Take care everyone :)
Kat