Thursday, November 05, 2015

daily stuffs

Yesterday, I had a physical done. It's been about 3 years since the last time.

I was super happy we didn't have to do the barium test.

Whenever we do the barium test, the doctor that owns the clinic is super brusque when he speaks. On top of that, I never know what they are saying because everything is in rapid-fire Japanese.

After all the other tests were done, I met with the doctor and he asked me about the polyp they found 3 years back, I told him I went to have an EGD done and that they said everything was fine.

Then he said from what he saw, everything looked okay...but they still gotta analyze my pee and blood, so I'll have to wait until I get the results.

I like how without the barium test I was out of there in an hour...

Then I went to another clinic to get "the girls" mammo'ed.

Man, the female technician was super patient and super good!

The doctor said that everything looked okay, but to wait until the results are sent to me.

By the time I finished everything, it was close to noon, I was starving since I wasn't allowed to eat breakfast, so I went to the nearest place I could think of and had lunch at Standard Bookstore.

I really like their chicken sandwich. It is filled with sauerkraut, a little avocado and this time it seemed like there was a schmear of pâté.

I was bummed that my stamp card (which was almost filled) expired, so now I have to start all over again!

At least the guy was cool enough to give me two stamps instead of just one for my meal.

So, everything is done for now, in a couple of weeks I gotta get other ob-gyn stuffs done.

Hope your week is going well.

6 comments:

KirkK said...

Glad you made it through the rather unpleasant, but necessary processes unscathed!

K and S said...

me too Kirk:)

Take care!
Kat

Rowena said...

MotH went to the see the family doc for the 3rd time (cough cough) to get our prescriptions for eye exams because we've been THAT lazy to make the actual appointments (when she gives the presciptions, you gotta make the appointment within 6 months or else they become invalid). he also got a mammo prescription for me (exams are every 2 years here, paps are 3) but it's an 8-month waitlist so you can see how I easily "forget".

K and S said...

Rowena, I get a mammo from our city every two years but also get one through Satoshi's work whenever I go for a physical. As for eyes, they check our eyes where they sell the glasses, so I don't think they check the medical side only the vision side.

Take care:)
Kat

K said...

Glad you got everything done relatively quickly!

K and S said...

me too K!

Take care.
Kat